Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Minute Thoughts of the Day

Hey, guess what?
Sometimes, beautiful things just HAPPEN. But not always. Sometimes we have to create something beautiful.
Today, beautiful things happened in a place where terrible awful things could have reared their ugly heads. I am oh so happy to have been granted this reprieve.
BUT I want to make sure I start PURPOSEFULLY creating beautiful things for myself even when everything around me seems too dusty and dry to harbor anything flowery.
And I'm starting with me.
To Jake: You reminded me today why I blew up our marriage with a nuclear bomb. I pity you for trying to pull (another) one over on me.
To Rachel & Dan: You are the family I always should have had. You are real-live grown-ups. (They do exist!) Thank you for making me realize that I have been walked on for far too long and that I deserve so much better.
To Johanna: Mama Bear is back, my darlin'.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment